At SEMATECH, some of the biggest names in the semiconductor business come together to leverage resources, increase productivity, and lower costs.
We have a proven history of making sure member companies can afford to stay on the productivity curve. Our members determine our direction, and we work with our members to answer these questions:
- The high costs of advanced research – Is our company pursuing the right technology? What are the costs if we are wrong? Can we recover if we make a wrong choice?
- Technological limitations of materials and processes – As current solutions become dated, what will replace them? How will we know which solutions are most cost-effective to pursue?
- The high costs of manufacturing – Manufacturing is the real test of success. The high costs of new fabs and equipment mean mistakes are more costly than ever. Are our fabs running as efficiently as they could? How can they be more cost-efficient than they are today?
SEMATECH addresses the concerns of our members in the following ways:
We reduce cost and risk
- We are a companion to members' R&D processes and help develop aspects of technology faster and cheaper than members could on their own by reducing options to the most workable solutions.
- Rather than each member company funding solutions individually, we enable members, using what they learn at SEMATECH, to spend more resources on developing their own competitive advantage.
We deliver exclusive benefits to our members
- First-to-market solutions – Members get full and detailed, actionable data.
- Cost avoidance – Members avoid spending the full R&D costs of ultimately unworkable solutions and lower their learning curve for new processes.
- Inside track – Members receive early evaluation of new materials and technologies without contamination and equipment risk in their fabs.
We are flexible both in memberships and programs
- Members help shape the programs.
- We offer a variety of ways to work with us.
- We span the timeline from research to development to manufacturing.
We have a proven record of success
- Over 25 years of experience in moving the industry forward.
- SEMATECH is a well-cited and long-standing example of a successful public/private partnership.
During a period of rising industry uncertainty, it becomes increasingly important to spend your company's R&D money wisely. SEMATECH believes that building strategic collaborations to avoid unnecessary costs while staying close to emerging innovations is the best way to keep your company moving forward as the industry creates the next technology revolution.