Effective Date: September 1, 2004
- What information is collected and how is it used?
- Is information given to third parties?
- How do I know the site is secure?
- How do I update my personal information?
- Will this policy change?
- Who do I contact with questions, ideas, or concerns?
1. What information is collected and how is it used?
When we require personally identifying information, we will specifically request and collect it from you. "Personally identifying information" means information that individually identifies you, such as your name, the company for whom you work, a telephone number, a fax number and your email address. This information maybe used by SEMATECH to contact you to respond to any requests made by you. Individuals will be given notice of all requests for their information along with a stated purpose for the request.
2. Is information given to third parties?
We do not rent or sell your personally identifying information to other companies or individuals, unless we have your consent. We may share such information in any of the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent.
- We conclude that we are required by government, law or have a good faith belief that access, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of SEMATECH, its affiliates, its customers or the public.
- If you have an account, we may share the information submitted under your account among all of our affiliates in order to provide you with a seamless experience and to improve the quality of our services. We will not disclose your account information to other people or non-affiliated companies, except in the limited circumstances described in this Policy or with your consent.
- We may store and process personal information collected on our site in the United States or any other country in which SEMATECH, its affiliates or its agents maintain facilities. By submitting personally identifiable information, you consent to the transfer of your information among these facilities, including those located outside your country.
- We may share aggregated information with others. Examples of this include the number of users who have requested a quote via the SEMATECH website.
3. How do I know the site is secure?
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data by storing the your information behind the SEMATECH firewall. We also restrict access to your personally identifying information to employees who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our offerings.
Our site does use "cookies" as a way to make our site easier to use. Cookies are little packets of data that are stored on your hard drive after you log in. The only information stored by this site is a session ID that refers back to our application server. It will keep track of what you do while using the site, and after logging off, the session is invalidated and the cookie is erased. The site will not work with cookies disabled.
5. How do I update my personal information?
Consistent with applicable United States privacy laws and in accord with the European Union Directive on Data Protection, the SEMATECH policy provides for appropriate individual control over their personal information in SEMATECH's use or possession. To update or correct your personally identifying information, send an email to the customer service support staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Will this policy change?
7. Who do I contact with questions, ideas or concerns?
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us any time at email@example.com.